Today, we’re reviewing an excellent offering from tech giants Samsung, who have created what some people think of as a “soundbar plus.” Unlike a standard soundbar that sits in front of your television or on your cabinet, this has additional wireless satellite speakers that can give you that extra dimension, while still being really easy to set up. This promises room-filling sound without the hassle of having to set up a complex surround sound system.
The Samsung HW-Q850T is one of those soundbars that provides a huge level of convenience and ease, as well as high fidelity 21st-century sound quality that can revolutionize your home audio setup.
Though this is not the cheapest way to get a home audio setup including Atmos, it includes those added extras that mean you can achieve a superior level of spatial audio when compared to a lot of soundbars.
The package starts with the soundbar itself, and an 8 inch subwoofer gives a decent bass boom for music, even though it might not be perfect for those craving huge, cinematic rumbles.
The Samsung tech is very impressive, offering Bluetooth connectivity so that you can quickly and easily connect your devices and listen to your music.
Features of the Samsung HW-Q850
Let’s take a dive into the features of this soundbar system. Is it worth the price tag? Does it live up to the expectations you may have from the Samsung brand?
- A total of 440W of power. That’s plenty to fill even a large room and give levels of volume you’ll probably never use to their max.
- A wireless sub which means easy setup. You can place it wherever works best in the room and not have to worry about running wires through.
- Atmos support means multichannel audio that you can stream and play from a variety of different sources. WAV, WMA, AAC, MP3 and OGG are all supported.
- Simple Bluetooth streaming from your devices.
- A very slimline design to sit on top of surface without impeding your viewing pleasure.
- Discreet and easy-to-setup satellite speakers give you a more immersive (and impressive) soundstage than a soundbar would manage on its own.
- Amazon Alexa enabled for voice control.
- HDMI input carrying Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos signal.
Is The Samsung HW-Q850 Soundbar For You?
If you’re looking for an all-rounder for both listening to music and for enjoying films with Dolby Atmos immersive audio then this soundbar setup could be ideal. It delivers a lot of the benefits of having a surround sound setup without having to run a lot of wires or perform intricate setup.
It’s also very loud, perfect for a cinema room at home where you need an extra boost of power, or just to enjoy your immersive albums at full blast.
In terms of price, it comes in somewhere in the midrange. It’s certainly not overpriced when you consider both the support and ease of setup, and the fact that this can do so much more than the average soundbar when it comes to building a 3D setup, thanks to the satellite speakers and cleverly paired speakers. A solid 9/10 for virtually every audio use.